Fire Prevention Week starts October 8 – 14 In Georgetown
“Every second counts, Plan 2 ways out!”
Fire Prevention Week reinforces why everyone needs to have a fire escape plan in their home and/or business. Key escape measures and tactics include:
- Draw a map of your home and/or business (using this grid) and mark two exits from each room and a path outside from each exit.
- Practice your fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day. Practice using different ways out each time.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case an adult cannot help them.
- Make sure the number of your home and/or business is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside! Never go back inside a burning building.
If you have suffered Fire Damage to your Georgetown home call SERVPRO today! 843-436-2121